Monday, February 8, 2010

Question #12

What is your greatest joy? Your greatest sorrow?

Joy:
Easy. My greatest joy, by far, is being a Mother. Mommyhood is the very best feeling I have ever had. Nothing brings a happier feeling than when your little one says I love you. I look back at my time before I had Kobe & it's like a can't ever remember him not being around. He definitely completes my whole world. Even on the hard days, we always have so much fun. Everything about Kobe radiates joy for me. I love his laugh, imagination, fears, & his silliness. I just want to remember everything. Every moment that I get to have with my Kobe. I love being a Mom.

I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth. . . .
I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed
Than twine a chain of diamonds about my {carefree} head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyes
Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise.
-Meredith Gray

Sorrow:
This one not so easy. Still a little fresh to talk a lot about. My greatest sorrow is not being able to have more kids. Not an easy topic. I really have only talked with my closest best friends/cousins about some things that I recently have discovered. I really wish that I could have had at least one more baby. I am so thankful for my peeps that have supported us & helped us through this difficult time. Even though this is not the outcome we were hoping for, I am just so happy that I have my boy. I am so lucky to have such a supportive spouse & family. Maybe one day I'll talk more about it. Time goes on & hopefully great things are in our future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kobe is one great kid!! We just love him!! It is great to be a Mom - even if we are only able to have 1. Atleast we do have 1 - and they are healthy! Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

I kind of know who you feel at least a LITTLE and I mean very little tiny bit ...My mom couldn't have anymore kids after me and I really wanted a brother or sister REALLY bad, LUCKLY after a few years of trying to adopt a child we got my brother Sam... You do have a great kid like Mindy said.. Mak loves you guys by the way... she tells me all about it on friday nights :) xoxo

Amelia said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings...I know that was not easy for you. But it will be a good journal entry for your grandkids to read.

Lisa said...

You are a wonderful mom, and have a great family! I can only imagine how difficult your sorrow must be. We love you and are here to support you!

Chris and Jamie said...

I completely feel your pain. Not being able to have children is the biggest trial I/we have had to endure, especially when we're commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. We are still waiting for that life changing phone call, but think of how much more we will love this child after how hard it has been to get him/her. Kobe is a very special child and you are wonderful parents; always let him know how much you treasure him.