Friday, June 5, 2009

Kindergarten Graduate


Well.....today's the day. Kindergarten graduation. Last day of school. I feel so proud of my Kobe, he did such an incredible job this year. He learned so much. Everyday he would come home & tell something new that he had learned. He really is like a sponge, taking in everything around. It is so amazing listening to him & wondering what he will become as a man. He makes me proud in everything he does.


I can't help feeling a little sad though. He just seems to be growing up way too fast. I miss him already ( as I'm choking up just writing this!). I don't know what I am going to do next year when he will be gone all day. I love playing & talking with him. The things he comes up with & tells me! He is so funny. He told me that when he grows up, he is going to be a food critic. He just loves food so much! His newest expression is that everything is "freakin awesome". What a goofy guy!


I just feel so blessed to have him as my son. I don't know how I lucked out to get some an awesome kid. I would rather be a mother, than anything else in the world. As Pres. Hinckley said "Of all the joys of life, none other equals that of happy parenthood. Of all the responsibilities with which we struggle, none other is so serious. To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good result from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation."

5 comments:

Jason Emett said...

It is way hard to watch your kids grow up. He sounds like such a good kid!

Amelia said...

That was me not Jason

lynsey said...

he's so cute! i know what you mean about them growing up so fast. it's really hard!

Unknown said...

Congrats kobe. They d frow WAY too fast, before you know it he'll be graduating high school and going on a mission...

Kit said...

Congrats Kpbe!! Loved this post Tami! Makes me want to cry knowing my kids will soon be there! We need to get together soon.