Thursday, June 18, 2009

No More Truffle Shuffle

Here I go. The weight loss journey. I really just want to be thin again & feel totally in shape. I want to feel like I look good in clothes again (& without!). I am so tired of looking like Chunk in the Goonies doing the truffle shuffle every time I move!! HaHa! It is just so incredibly hard. I am soooo weak. If I want it, I eat it. And not only do I eat it. I keep going & going & going!! I actually started the "diet" about 2 weeks ago. Mindy lent me all the weight watcher books so I could get an idea of the point system. I really think it is the way to go. I like how you can still eat normal. I've been working out since Kobe started kindergarten at the gym, but I just walked on the treadmill. I have now added running into the schedule. I run for about 10-15 min. then walk for an hour. I want to work up to running the whole time. So far, I have missed running/walking only about 2 times. All I can say is by the time 15 min. is up, every single muscle in my body is burning. I love it though! When I am completely done with the whole hour, I feel so good about myself. Let's just hope the momentum continues! To all those in the same boat,Good Luck it's a tough one!! If you have any tips let me know.

10 comments:

Tui Family said...

Oh Tami!
You inspire me! I swore after my baby girl I was going to lose the weight, but here a year later I do nothing about it! Good luck! Stay strong! And post lots of pics in your hot bikini! lol Love ya! ;)

Unknown said...

Good for you!!! I wish I could loose a few pounds myself, it's just so hard, working full time and having a little girl (those are my excuses lol)...

pammy said...

It's really hard but wanting it is the first step! 16 times and it becomes a habit! I have started many 16 days ... but am back on my treadmill too!!! We can do it!!! Good luck Tami!

the Johnson Mom said...

I had to laugh when you called it the truffle shuffle and I so know how you feel. Keep it up!!! It is hard but so worth it. I have had some not so great days lately but am back to the battle. I am considering putting together a challenge. Would you be interested in joining?? Also, when is the next lunch? I don't think anyone has told me about them and so I have been missing them.

jaci said...

Hi Tam! I'm with you! I need to be better. it is so hard! I think I'm going back to WW also. I think its the best way to go! Good luck ! I know you can do it! Running is hard but you are doing good. I know that is helps me loose some weight when I run, I just hate it!
I just love ya!
Jaci

Kit said...

Tami! This post cracks me up! I love your humor in it! Keep up the good work!

Lynsee said...

You are funny! If you want to see amazing results, quickly, add in some weights. I guarantee within 3 weeks you will see awesome results. It's addicting!

Unknown said...

You are so adorable, and I think you are beautiful! So far as feeling great, I wholeheartedly recommend P90X. It is intense! Also, for diet I would say go buy the book "Intuitive Eating." Best book for lifelong change with eating!

~Cmac~ said...

Tami! You are my hero! You are doing so well. I'm starting the HHH club where a few girlfriends of mine & myself are going to support each other in eating healthfully and exercising. You are more than welcome to join. It would be great to have a veteran! :)

Hev said...

You make me laugh so hard. I'm trying to lose weight too! Keep us updated... No more excuses for me. :) Love ya!