Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brrrrr!

Tip #2
Mow a lawn/Shovel a driveway

I know this is not the easiest task, but can you imagine how good you would feel when it’s over! And how good you would feel if someone did that for you? I absolutely hate being cold. I also don’t like being wet. When I’m out shoveling the walks, that’s exactly how I feel; cold & wet. So I think that makes it that much better of a task for me to do. I think we need to step out of our comfort zone. There are so many people that would be so grateful for a little help, whether it is a time issue or a physical challenge for them. My Dad is the best example for this tip. He mows countless lawns in the summer & he snow blows even more driveways in the winter. He is always looking out for people in his neighborhood who haven’t gotten to it yet & he does it for them. It takes quite a bit of time, but he says that it’s well worth it. As soon as the next snow storm comes through, I’m going to go out early & help out one of my neighbors. I am always helping out one neighbor in particular, so this time my plan is to do hers & one more person. Maybe it will be the difference of a day. Maybe it will be that one bit of help to hopefully help them to have a better day. I think it’s worth a try!

1 comment:

The Dell Family said...

I remember last winter I was decently pregnant and Jon would leave the house at 4:30 to catch the bus into work. That's when the snow would really pile down and all my neighbors would come out and blow my sidewalks and driveways and I lived on a corner so it was a real big job. I was completely humbled by such service and they crazy thing they did it all the time. I never had to go out there, but I would try and they always sent me inside!

What a great service you are doing. I love your way of thinking.