Saturday, June 12, 2010

Question #33

Tell how, when, where you learned to drive and any memorable experiences.

My Dad taught me to drive the summer before I turned 16. I was soooo scared. Looking back I think I was so wimpy about it. But I guess better safe than sorry. We would go up to our church parking lot & go back & forth, back & forth. Then eventually we made our way to our neighborhood streets. I used to practice on a car my parents bought for me that was my brothers. It was a Mitsubishi Eclipse from the 90's. I can't remember which year exactly. I thought it was a really cute car. Sporty & silver. And it had a killer sound system in it. Before my brother owned it, the previous owners were from Cali. They must have been gang bangers or something. My car had three bullet holes in the back. I used to think that was pretty cool. The only bad thing was that it was a stick shift. I learned pretty quick though. I loved driving around with my friends in that car, we had some fun times!! I remember blaring Monica in it. Does anyone remember her?? I didn't have any funny experiences but when my brother was learning. My Mom was teaching him & we were driving around the neighborhood in our huge green station wagon. I was standing up in the backseat (everything was soooo different back then!!). He almost ran a stop sign but then slammed on the brakes. I went flying over the passenger seat & into the dash. I seriously looked like Superman! Not really any harm done though, just a bloody nose. Thank goodness!!

No comments: